Friday, May 27, 2011

It has been another good day observing the local elementary school.  The week flew by, and Spanish classes have been going very well.  It has been very interesting to observe the elementary school classes, and to teach some lessons to the kids in English.  I've been noticing how much the school system here differs from the system in the United States.

It has been harder to talk with my host family, and at times it is a little uncomfortable not being able to understand everything that they say.  The more I learn in Spanish every day in class, the easier it is to converse with my family.  I am very engaged in my Spanish class because of the activities that we do.  It is hard to pay attention in class when we are just going over verbs or memorizing nouns.  But when we play interactive games like Pictionary and Scrabble, I find that I learn more Spanish vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment